How To Select The Right Response Essay Format: Tips For Newbies
First of all, you need to know that a response essay is mainly written from a first person view that is "I". Such writing can be used for many purposes, for example, review of a book, artwork, old works, or articles. There are no numerous styles or formats used in writing. It is almost like a "what you see is what you get" routine. It just basically has a general format used in writing.
When asked to write such a write-up, you need to follow through the following first initial stages;
- Assess the facts and information given to you. Read whatever information or facts given to you. Get conversant with them, so that you will be able to add the required personal touch needed to the essay.
- Record or jot down your thought and personal opinion about the information or facts given to you.
- Make up your mind on your stand on the topic.
- Develop a thesis that will be the point of argument in your write up.
- Outline your points and construct a pattern for your writing.
After you have the above done, it gives you the assurance that you have what it takes to perform exceptionally. However, if you still have doubts or fears about your capability, then try to get samples online. Search online for free samples to download but most importantly in the course of your search for a sample ensure that you get top-quality writing samples. These is essential so as to protect you from losing confidence by reading badly write ups. Ensure to get a good quality write-up so as to inspire yourself positively.
Then armed with a plan, move on to the next and final stage.
- Your first paragraph, which will be the introductory paragraph, must state clearly the person the writing is intended for, and your thesis statement.
- State your opinion in the second paragraph. You are free to have a personal opinion, and you should be clear in expressing them. Remember that the writing will be from the first person point of view, therefore, don't be shy to use "I" when you want to express both positive and negative remarks while writing. If you have arguments arising up in your thesis, state them. Make your argument.
The pointers above are the main techniques that can be used in response essay writing. It is important for you to express yourself.