List Of 8th Grade Persuasive Essay Topics Worth Writing About
Every now and then, 8th graders are assigned to write persuasive essays. While some might not have any difficulty in choosing a topic, others just get stranded not knowing which essay topic to go with or how to come up with a good idea to base their writing on. If you are among the second group of students who are at a loss on how to come up with a topic, it would interest you to know that there are actually thousands of topics you can choose from to write your persuasive academic paper. Listed below are some topics you might find interesting and base your writing on. They are as follows:
- Should killing animals be classified as murder?
- Should pupils in elementary schools be allowed to use mobile phones?
- Voting age should be lowered to eighteen years
- Certain video games promote violence among children
- Parents should not be held responsible for any of their child’s wrongdoing
- People should be penalized for acts of hostility against pets
- Pets make good companions
- Recycling should be made compulsory
- Life in the city is more stressful than country life
- Watching a particular movie is more entertaining than reading the same story from a book
- Beauty contests do not promote self-confidence
- Keeping animals in zoo should be banned
- Pupils should spend their free time reading books than watching movies
- The duration of winter vacations should be extended
- Pupils who engage in bullying should be banished from the school
These are just a few of the topics you can base your persuasive essay on. For you to maintain a solid stand on your chosen controversial topic, it is important that you put your critical thinking abilities at the fore. This is especially because most persuasive paper topics are on controversial issues that usually lead to conflicting opinions from other people. On this note, your paper should have substantial and reliable evidence to back up your opinion so that at the end of the day, you would succeed in convincing your readers that your opinion of the issue is the right one.
Most importantly, you should try your best in effectively connecting your supporting facts with your logic. With these taken care of, writing a persuasive essay becomes an easy task, anytime or day. Go ahead and pick a topic from the list above and make a very good impression on your tutor.